Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pre-departure

"Digestion"

As I sit here, near the foggy window, I cannot happen to notice the dreariness that has come into the city. My anticipation on boarding flight 5799 is growing closer and closer. 1 day, 8 hours, 58 minutes and 36 seconds until...until...THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!! Hola a todos! Mi nombre es Roman and I have been waiting for this study abroad escapade for a very long time. I am a senior leaving to study abroad in the great country of Costa Rica in about 1 DAY. At first, I was very hesitant of participating in a study abroad program do to the stories of others,"YIKES", but after I did a bit of research, I realized that I could not pass up an opportunity like this. Just from looking at the itinerary for this adventure, that's right ADVENTURE, I know that I will have a great time. Sitting by the beach, traveling through the jungle...and of course LEARNING new things about sustainable business practices is all the rave for a business student.
"The star marks the spot"

Anyway, I do not know what is more baffling - that I will be completely surrounded by a culture that is different from my own and (fingers crossed) become bilingual once I get back home, or cramming 10 days’ worth of my life in a suitcase. However, I've been told that you should pack half as much stuff and bring twice as much money ($$$). Hopefully this is a traveler’s myth because I'm already off to a bad start.

That is all I have for now - my next post will be from the lovely city of San Jose, Costa Rica. So, tune in next time for...Day 1: "The Plane has Landed"

 
Destination: Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment